Husky Energy Co-op Student, Category Management in AB, Canada
Job Title:Co-op Student, Category Management
Start Date:September 3, 2019
Length of Term:8, or 12 months
Business Unit:Engineering, Procurement, & Project Management
Application Deadline:June 3, 2019 or once the position has been filled
Supply Chain Internship program is designed to provide a complete experience in the Strategic Sourcing process from need identification through market research, end to end competitive procurement process and program rollout to the operating Business Unit staff.
The program will also provide exposure to and use of key supporting Supply Chain systems including SAP Procurement; Ariba Contract Lifecycle Management; Ariba E-Procurement suite, and additional supporting integrated systems and processes.
As part of the Supply Chain process the Internship participants will also receive exposure to contract management, contract administration; master data management; and inventory and materials management. A key aspect will be to provide a thorough involvement in practical, tangible work and processes within the total Husky Energy Supply Chain.
Key Responsibilities may involve:
· Assist in data entry to ensure current information is in the appropriate repositories
· Review and support work intake process for IS products and services requirements
· Assist Category Advisors with competitive sourcing activities
· Create reports and update IS Category Management dashboards on a regular cadence
· Prepare materials, agendas and meeting minutes, as needed
· Support decision summary routing for internal approvals
· Other duties as required through engagement with other team members
· Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary Co-op or Internship program
· Preference will be given to students studyingSupply Chain Management/ Commerce or Engineering program career
· Preference will be given to students in 3rd or 4th year
· Comfortable in MS Excel, databases and have a strong interest in analytical methods with a mechanical aptitude
Benefits of a Husky Energy student position:
· take part in impactful business projects
· network with experienced professionals
· engage in a strong student network
· gain valuable exposure in the Oil and Gas industry
Relevant work experience in your field of study
Please submit a resume and transcript.Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Title: Co-op Student, Category Management
Requisition ID: 16139