Rocket Software, Inc. Software Engineer in Bangalore, India
Thousands of companies around the world depend on Rocket to solve their most challenging business problems by helping them run their critical infrastructure, business processes, and data, as well as extending the value of these assets to take advantage of cloud and mobile computing, advanced analytics, and other future innovations. From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, Rocket solutions power the back-end systems that thousands of brands we interact with every day. At Rocket, software has always been about people—not just ones and zeroes. We’re people solving problems for other people, and we strive to treat our customers, partners, and fellow Rocketeers with humanity. Founded in 1990, Rocket Software is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with 31 offices around the world.
Rocket is looking for a passionate Full Stack Engineer to help us build a next generation experience for our end-users that work with Db2 on z/OS. You will have the opportunity to touch all parts of the infrastructure and full-stack of UI that will impact all cross-functional teams in the Db2 tools portfolio. Join our team and take on this unique opportunity to build an experience that can meaningfully impact and transform the way our end-users do their job.
What You'll Be Doing?
- Design and implement a modern, web-based user interface for one or more of IBM’s Db2 tools software.
- Investigate and troubleshoot incoming L3 support issues reported by customers.
- Solve common customer pain points by improving the overall user experience and delivering simple yet elegant UI solutions.
- Partner and communicate effectively with teams you work with.
- Take full ownership of your deliverable or feature from concept to launch.
- Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality product.
What You'll Bring?
- 4+ years of the software engineering experience with Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with front-end web technologies such as React, D3, Angular 2+, Dojo, TypeScript or similar modern JS
- Knowledge of or experience with backend development (Java/C#, NodeJS)
- Good understanding of web security concepts (e.g. SSL/TLS, cross-site scripting, etc.)
- Knowledge of or experience with RESTful API development, deployment and management.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
- Knowledge of or experience with working with relational databases.
- Knowledge of or experience in deploying and monitoring applications to production at scale
- You are passionate about complex programming and building software that matters.
- You believe in reimagining and redefining the world through software that is elegant and simple.
- You have an obsession about discovering and solving customer issues.
- You are open to new challenges, and willing to learn.
- Working experience with z/OS, and LUW (Linux, UNIX, Windows) environments
- Comfortable working in an agile development setting
Bangalore, Karnataka, India