General Electric Staff Systems Administration Engineer in Bangalore, India
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate systems engineer to join Core Payroll & Benefits team. This role will focus on support & Implementation tasks related to critical enterprise applications with broad technology scope and high impact to production/non-production operations.
The candidate will be responsible for technically leading a team of highly talented system administrators, implementing the latest technologies and make sure servers/applications are on supported platform.
In this role, you will:
• Strong hands on experience with complete suite of latest People Tools, PIA (PeopleSoft Internet Architecture), Weblogic, Tuxedo, Java, Apache, COBOL, Integration Broker, Webservices and SSO.
• Own technology stack and instances that support critical enterprise applications ensuring all instances are up and running to meet customer expectations
• Implement technology tasks like instance builds, instance refreshes, validation, troubleshooting, performance tuning, DR/BCP, Volume testing, server patching, source code deploy thru automated and manual processes, supporting new technology/tool initiation, proof-of-concept exercise, etc.
• Install Oracle VM Box, PUM Install, creating change packages (CP’s), rule/non-rule packages and apply PRP’s to Images.
• Assist with scripting solutions to automate and prevent incidents.
• Perform People Tools Upgrade to suite GE needs and configure the domains with optimal values
• Perform Autosys Installation and troubleshoot Autosys issues
• Use all channels of communications and effectively update customers and stakeholders with regards to statuses of critical operations. Proficiently in document required operational and technical information
• Constantly strive to get a deeper understanding of the environment and proactively participate in higher level technical tasks
• Collaborate and partner with all members of the team and customer to ensure highest level of service delivery
• Ownership and dedication to ensure highest quality and timely delivery of critical services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
• Over 8+ years of experience, with 6 years in supporting technology stacks for critical/enterprise applications with a cloud services provider or relevant ERP knowledge.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Flexibility in work schedule to support a 24x7 application environment on as needed basis
• High energy level. Deep interest in learning new technologies and using it to produce business solutions
• Experience working directly with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Oracle etc.), database technologies (Oracle), on-premises ERP’s, operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux), web/app tier (apache, weblogic, JBoss), SOA, middleware, automation tools (Chef, Puppet), DevOps tools (GIT, Jenkins, etc.,), change management and scripting languages
• Basic software development exposure – hands on with any programming or scripting language (preferably shell/perl/python or Java) is highly desirable
• Some understand of database technologies to address monitoring deployments and requirements
• Training on ITIL is highly desirable
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing results
• Strong oral and written communication skills including executive level presentation skills
• Willing to quickly self-learn new technologies/products as needed
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Experience working with globally distributed teams and across cultures
• Self-driven. Should be able to operate with minimal management supervision
• Mission critical systems experience is preferred
• Demonstrated experience of delivering on commitments to clients.
• Works well in fast paced growing environment.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bangalore