American Airlines Lead Agent, Security - Spain BCN in Barcelona, Spain
Please make sure you have the legal right to work and live in the E.U. (Spain) prior to applying to this position.
Full-time / 40 hrs per week
Location: Aeroporto de El Prat (BCN-TRML)
Requisition ID: 20302
Ensures the best possible handling of security for all security areas at the airport.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Supervises the activities of AA security or security agents from a third party contractor at airside and land-side and off airport operations
• Implements security procedures in line with the TSA and ISP security as well as host government regulations
• Prepares and conducts agent briefings and daily assignments
• Liaises with contract security staff, airport and local authorities.
• Is responsible to closely monitoring the performance of contracted security staff and AA integrated agents.
• Is responsible for scrutinizing the submitted work sheet to ensure that the invoiced hours of the contracted security staff is correct
• Is responsible for all security activities required in the operation including passenger, baggage, cargo, catering and aircraft security screening measures
• Handles administrative duties as well as statistical work for all security related matters
• Must be able to make decisions towards the daily operation but always under consideration of applicable rules, procedures and policies
• Must have at least 1 year security leadership experience in the AA or an equivalent security program and successfully completed the LSA training course. ISC training is preferred
• Perform the duties of an LSA and ISC under guidance of experienced ISC’s for two weeks
• Pass an annual certification session or attending a retraining session that will include a certification test
• Be able to independently report to work in off terminal AA locations as agreed with Station ISC (e.g. Catering, Cargo, Cruise Port, etc.)
• Must be responsible and observant and have excellent customer service skills
• Ability to perform within strict procedures and to learn new skills
• Excellent relationship with local AA staff and other departments
• Good relationship with contractors, passengers, airport authorities and police
• Ability to write clear and concise reports in both English and Spanish
• Effective listener
• Strong leadership skills
• Must be dedicated and committed to the job
• Team player
• Must be able to motivate employees in working as a team
• Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Adaptable to change
• Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
• Open to development
• Must be able to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English and Spanish
• PC skills an advantage
• Familiarity with AA International Security Program
• Established relationships with relevant authorities and entities within the airport
Job Level: 42/non-management
Requisition ID: 20302
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. American Airlines, Inc fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.