Cisco Consulting Engineer - Data Center in Berlin, Germany
Consulting Engineer - Data Center
Location: Berlin, Germany
Additional Location(s) Eschborn, Garching , Germany
Area of Interest Customer Experience
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1234770
Who You’ll Work With
IT infrastructures operate in an environment with high or highest security requirements of Public Sector Clients like government, federal states or cities are facing the challenge to process and protect confidential information. Even in case of any technical incidents, the confidentiality must be ensured and our clients define special requirements. Cisco has committed to plan, build and operate any service delivery to these clients in a secured environment to be compliant with any local laws and regulations. This team is enlarging its expertise and we are seeking for people who are looking for an exciting journey to make this service a great client experience. Do you want to transform the way Cisco's customer look at any of the following technologies data center, routing or switching of their networks? CX (Customer Experience) helps customers bridge the gap from purchase to protection by offering extraordinary services to ensure the success of their investment. Through thought leadership, innovative technologies, and a standard and a repeatable methodology, you will provide the expertise to implement Cisco’s class leading technology solutions.
What You'll Do
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, love of technology and want to be part of a team that is transforming the landscape of complex technology? You’ll be dedicated to innovation and teamwork that is driven to make Cisco and our public sector customers successful. With a dynamic workload and travel schedule across Germany region, the position offers compelling work for knowledgeable and experienced consultants with strong expertise and highly developed customer-facing consulting skills.
You will provide planning, designing and implementation services to Cisco’s Customers
You will participate in or lead complex network migrations projects from Cisco to Cisco or any competitive platforms to Cisco
You will deliver migration plans, with a thorough understanding of network, customers change management processes, migration processes and related dependencies
You will work closely with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings and drive technical leadership and solutions & deliverables discussions with the customers.
As a primary technical contact, you will provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support for Cisco Business Critical Services
You will work independently, with minimal guidance and direction from manager and you will determine best approach to accomplish work
You will mentor, coach and guide other consultants and engineers on the project to enable them for delivery
You will assure that the most complex customers’ problems across a broad range of technologies – as necessary for any client - are properly and quickly resolved
You will ensure preventative measures are recommended and identified
Who You Are
· You have BS or equivalent plus 5+ years of relevant experience
· You have demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams
· You possess in-depth knowledge of Data Center Networking and various Cisco components (ACI, APIC, NEXUS, UCS, etc.) that can deliver these capabilities
· You have knowledge of Cisco’s Data Center technologies and how to successfully configure these devices to implement various forms and versions of the cloud, including Nexus, NAS, and Virtualization
· You know vPC, fabricpath, STP
· You have a good understanding of key technologies and protocols in data networks within the CAN, WAN, Data Center and related security technologies
· You are have experience with designing and optimizing complex network solutions
· You know network management, network availability, and capacity management
· You are an expert on Cisco software features and functionality
· You have a comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols
· Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
· You speak fluent English and German
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.