CenturyLink MGR IT DEVELOPMENT - LATAM in BUENOS AIRES, Argentina
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Reporting to : Latam IT infrastructure & Operations Director
Operations Management : Responsible for Tier 1, 2 and 3 support for IT Datacenter Services and Technologies. Responsible for ongoing management and maintenance of the IT infrastructure located in the IT datacenters to ensure delivery of the agreed level of IT services to the business. Ensure system or process is actually running or working .
Technical Management : Responsible for providing technical expertise and overall management of the IT Datacenter Infrastructure. Responsible for supporting new business requests and implementing new technologies for Datacenter services
Integration with Global Infrastructure
Budget (Capex & Opex) & Maintenance Contracts (hardware, software, services)
Continual improvements plans (Organization, processes, tools, KPIs/reporting, etc)
Operations & Technical Mgmt
Tier 1, 2, 3 IT Datacenter Services Support
Responsible for the Tier 1 Support (7x24), including: event management alarms resolution, backups monitoring, Management of Monitoring Platforms, Datacenter facilities, Installing new servers.
Responsible for Tier 2 Support, including the following technologies: Unix , Microsoft, Oracle Databases, MSSQL Databases, SAN, Backup, Load Balancers, Citrix,
Responsible for Tier 3 Support and architecture including the following technologies: Unix, Microsoft, Oracle Databases, MSSQL Databases, SAN, Backup, Load Balancers, Citrix.
Implement new technologies for Infrastructure technologies, following the global roadmap and regional needs.
Follow new business requests, planning the implementation following agile methodologies, designing the architecture of the solution, making the Business Case, and installing the infrastructure platform.
Integration with Global Infrastructure
- Integration with Global teams, defining and following global standards, processes,tools and policies. (Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange, SCCM,Skype, policies, service catalog, etc)
Budget & Maintenance Contracts (hardware, software, services)
Define, planning and execution of Budget (Capex & Opex) . Manage IT Datacenter maintenance contracts (Hardware, Software, services)
Ensure that all the Platforms needed has a maintenance contract, work with vendors, getting quotes, negotiate and submit PO. Define budget for next year, plan the execution in the year, and follow the execution in time.
Continual improvements plan
Responsible for supporting the maturity growth of the internal processes related to IT infrastructure following the best practices (ITIL, COBIT, Gartner, etc). Search for continuous improvement of managed services optimizing costs, processes, capabilities and resources. The following processes are been manager for this Role (Critical Incident Management, Event, Change, Problem, Availability, capacity mgmt)
Design, plan and execute BCP plans, for critical applications in the IT department
KPI / Reporting / Tools
- Monitor the management indicators of the Datacenter areas and collaborate with the management of service agreements with suppliers. Develop and review performance reports (availability, performance, SLA ,MTTR, projects KPIs ,change, problem, etc )
• Experienced IT manager with more than 4 years leading IT Infrastructure & Operations teams (Support, Servicedesk, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4, Governance, etc)
• Wide experience in ITIL process model and best practices
• Wide Experience on project management of large-scale IT Infrastructure projects
• Wide Experience on managing IT Infrastructure services (SLA, budget, KPIs, vendor & contracts mgmt, etc)
• Experience in Storage & backup technologies and the associated equipment.
• Knowledge in hardware of Dell, HP, Lenovo, Hitachi
• Knowledge in Microsoft & Oracle software
• Knowledge in technologies of virtualization & clustering
• Knowledge of TCP IP & telecomunications in general
• English upper level (oral, reading and writing)
• Excellent communication and teamwork
• Experience in multicultural and multigeographic environments
Alternate Location: AR-CABA-Buenos Aires
Requisition # : 211123
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.