BWX Technologies, Inc. RT UT Welder Fitter (several openings) in CAMBRIDGE, Ontario
BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
RT/UT Welder Fitter
We have several opportunities for Welders to join our production team at our facility in Cambridge, ON. Each member of our team plays a critical role in BWXT Canada’s success and in ensuring we meet our customers’ quality, cost and delivery expectations. Our RT/UT Welder Fitters are considered the best in the industry and we are proud of the high level of technical skills they demonstrate every day. These opportunities consist of fully qualified RT/UT Welder Fitters as well as opportunities for Learners who are working up to the fully qualified status.
To perform all types of manual welding in all position on Company products to quality standards and perform fitting operations.
• Perform all position welding on Company products to RT/UT standards. Re-weld pre-excavated weld defects inside vessels requiring confined space permits and excavate and repair welds inside and outside of all other vessels according to WPS’s, etc. Such welds are subject to RT and UT inspection.
• Prepare surfaces to applicable cleanliness requirements using special tools, gauges, fixtures, RT and UT reports and tracings, WPS, etc.
• Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded, before and after completing welding. Set up, position, preheat and weld.
• Set up jigs and holding devices as required (including end plate locating jig). Position, as required. Check work for accuracy and cleanliness as required.
• Read and interpret route sheets, drawings, Shop Instruction Sheet (SIS), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), weld and rod cards.
• Plan and organize the RT/UT welding process.
• Identify and verify workpiece material.
• Perform basic fitting to a pre-established layout.
• Communicate openly with the team members and Shop management.
• Work in a safe manner, complying with all health, safety and environmental guidelines/regulations.
• Understand and adhere to quality requirements and productivity expectations.
• Proven commitment to workplace safety.
• Commitment to quality and the ability to work as a positive, effective team member, willing to go the extra mile to ensure we meet our customer expectations.
• Successful completion of an advanced welding program.
• Ability to perform manual welding and repairs to RT/UT quality standards and in multiple processes.
• Must be able to pass a pre-qualifying weld test: SMAW (stick) in 6G position (GTAW root is in). For pre-qualifying weld test: must bring own CSA-approved safety boots, helmet, gloves and safety glasses.
• Working knowledge of various types of metals, filler metals, welding parameters, preheat, post heat, interpass temperature, stress relief, allowances for fit up, machining, effect of shrinkage, warpage and expansion.
• Ability to read and understand/interpret drawings, specifications, operating procedures, work orders, etc.
• Intermediate level blueprint reading skills.
• Must be comfortable working in confined spaces, at heights and in awkward positions.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.