General Electric Refrigeration Technician in Cardiff, United Kingdom
Role Summary:Exercises independent discretion in performing a full array of maintenance related work requiring skill in trouble shooting, repairing, installation necessary to ensure efficient facility operation.
Essential Responsibilities:• Advanced troubleshooting, repairs, modifies, installs, maintains and modernizes new or existing facility systems and equipment, with specific focus on refrigeration equipment including cold rooms, air conditioning systems and chiller systems.
• Perform daily monitoring, repair and preventative maintenance activities on critical systems and facility equipment.
• Required to do other maintenance work in addition to that listed, as required by the business from time to time.
• Performs other work whenever it is conducive to efficient operations and/or maintaining business operations, including project direction, layout work, and planning of equipment installations.
• Working with others to implement injury prevention and compliance initiatives.
• Provide support for facility related projects, including Contractor Management.
• Assist in compliance inspections and EHS program implementation as requested.
• Assist facility in obtaining and maintaining VPP Star Status.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Knowledge and understanding of production process work instructions and operates within them to ensure that equipment conforms to its specifications.
• Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Time served apprentice in the refrigeration field with substantial experience in facilities maintenance or a field service role supporting a manufacturing environment.
• NVQ level 3 in servicing and maintaining Refrigeration Systems.
• F-gas 2078/2079 CAT 1 accreditation, and able to act as site F-Gas responsible person.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
• Self-starter, willing to work alone or in team as required by the business.
• Willing to work overtime from time to time at reasonable notice to support the business needs.
• Multi-skilled with some form of accredited electrical safety training.
• Knowledgeable in terms of EHS standards, HSAW act and safe systems of work in industry.
• Utilities specific experience servicing and maintaining A/C systems, Heat pumps, packaged chillers, HVAC, cold rooms, BMS, Compressors.
• Able to read, understand and communicate technical documents associated with refrigeration systems.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communications.
• Proven pressure testing competency.
About Us:GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.Additional Locations:United Kingdom;Cardiff;