RELX Group Sr Software Engineer in Chennai, India
Sr Software Engineer
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
· Mark Logic, XSLT, Perl, Shell Script, JSP, PL/SQL, Web Services, expertise.
· XML DTDs/schemas, familiarity with related standards.
· Ability to lead small teams of Content Engineers
· Ability to work through problems and negotiate a workable solution
· Ability to learn large, complex systems
Ability to explain technical issues to customers and explain data/editorial issues to technical developers
· Strong technical bend towards problem solving and providing real time solutions
· Strong analytical and problem solving bend of mind
· Strong presentation skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
· 6-7 years’ relevant experience in the Information and Technology industry.
· Expert in Mark Logic
· Experience with core text-processing XSLT and XML tools
· Experience with legal or financial data is desirable
· Designs and develops programming systems
· Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports
· Reviews and repairs legacy code
· Conducts system analysis and development with limited support from professional staff
· Analyzes, designs, coordinates and supervises the development of software systems
· Analyzes system specifications and translates system requirements to task specifications for Sr. Software/Software engineers
· Provides analysis of current programs which includes performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming
Provides assistance to testers and supports personnel as needed to determine system problems
Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent technical experience.