Sherwin-Williams Technical Service Representative in Co., Ireland
Title: Technical Service Representative
Location: Ireland-Co. Dublin-Dublin
Job Number: 1900036H
Technical Service Representative
The Technical Service Representative is responsible for assisting the Area Sales Managers with calling on prospective customers/target accounts and evaluating and providing technical support to Key, New and Existing account customers.
• Ensures customer quality and service expectations are met.
• Supports customers with plant audits, trouble-shooting, general technical support and process development.
• Eliminates or reduces customer complaints.
• Helps achieve or exceed sales and margin goals.
• Helps increase volume growth.
• Communicates competitive information, new products and selling issues to Product Finishes Sales Managers
• Communicates extended product knowledge in wood, metal and plastics technology.
• Attends coatings seminars and trade shows pertinent to Product Finishes sales/marketing.
• Manages product trials at designated customer facilities.
• Supports national accounts specifications approval process.
• Maintains contact with laboratory on current technical issues.
• Works closely with the UK facility laboratory and occasionally with the Italian and Swedish labs.
• Assists with equipment installation and various line or equipment modifications/adjustments.
• Conducts technical training seminars at customers’ facilities.
• Evaluates product complaints and decides the best way to resolve problems.
• Assists customers in preparing paint specifications to meet product applications.
• Troubleshoots on-line technical problems such as correcting batches and formulation of products.
• Advises customers of product line changes and improvements.
• Maintains expertise in product finishes equipment use and surface preparation.
• Assists customers with product inventory control/re-ordering.
• Trains customers on product knowledge and application methods.
• Assists Area Sales Managers by preparing samples, panels, etc. for presentations.
• Maintains customer technical service issues on file for follow-up.
• Other duties as assigned including logging and investigation of customer & product related complaints through Discovery system.
1. Formal Education:
Required: GCSE / ‘O’Level Math’s and English or equivalent is required.
Preferred: Higher level education in a related field
2. Knowledge & Experience:
Required: Good understanding of, and experience in , the UK industrial wood coatings market
Technical support experience to major accounts (including auto-lines) in the coatings sectors
Good basic knowledge of coatings technology and curing processes
Preferred: Experience with robotic, auto spray, vacuum and roller coating application systems
Knowledge of metal and plastic substrate coating technologies
Understanding of Apollo or other root-cause analysis techniques
3. Technical/skill Requirements:
Required: Ability to hand-spray all major coatings technologies.
Experience of working with automatic colour-matching systems
Preferred: Some experience of exterior joinery coatings, window design and application processes
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Who we are –
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.