MasterCard Principal Enterprise Architect in Dublin, Ireland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Principal Enterprise Architect
The primary role of an Enterprise Solution Architect - Senior Consultant is to establish and sustain technology leadership across O&T using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques. This role guides program teams to follow patterns that standardize and deliver modern, scalable and performant services. This person will create reference architectures and resolve technology capability gaps for services supporting the paved path.
Guide program teams to patterns, templates, appropriate application architectures, and the Paved Path – identify and resolve any architectural gaps surfaced. Assess critical, strategic programs prior to launch with respect to engineering principles, cloud readiness and alignment with paved path. Promote & converge solutions to common our technology foundation.
Research, identify and validate business value of new and emerging technology trends and capabilities in the context of the enterprise solution architecture. Contribute to ongoing technology investment planning for IT portfolio domains based on the common capabilities identified in the reference architectures. Translate business needs to technical capabilities for inclusion in platform roadmaps.
Support the necessary ongoing efforts to incorporate the framework and documented enterprise solution architecture into organizational culture and processes. Work with product owners and architects, members of our enterprise architecture guild, as well as with other Enterprise Architects. Continually communicate and build consensus on enterprise solution architecture with these members. Communicate available and planned business/technology capabilities and identify capability gaps.
Apply a structured solution architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise. Build reference architecture and clearly communicate via working code, patterns and prescriptive guidance on paved path technology stacks. Align programs onto approved technology stacks.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or Business
• Advanced degrees desired
• Certification (or equivalent experience) w Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF,
Knowledge / Experience (preferred):
• 8 to 12 years’ experience in multiple verticals; Banking, Payments, Technology and others
• Minimum of 5 years in an Enterprise Architecture capacity within a large company
• Experience with defining and leading the execution of transformational efforts
• Proven experience developing enterprise solution architecture
• Strength in all domains across the enterprise with deep expertise in 2 or more technology
• Experience leveraging a variety of frameworks and methods to develop and promote
• Experience driving strategic alignment of IT with the business
• Experience creating a common architecture vision with IT and line of business leaders
• Experience defining processes for IT governance
• Demonstrated ability to develop technology strategies that support IT and business
• Experience identifying, analyzing, and proposing IT investment opportunities
• Experience in the discovery, analysis, and application of industry trends
• Experience facilitating cross functional teams and building consensus
Skills / Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal and written, and visual forms
• Ability to translate between technical and business language and concepts
• A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes and
capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
• The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional
interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed environment
• Ability to develop a strategic direction and lead in areas that have a high degree of ambiguity
• Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of business and IT stakeholders at all levels
• Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to
influence others to move toward consensus
• Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
• Demonstrated thought leadership on major strategic or transformational efforts
Engineering Hands-On (or equivalent):
• Applied Java experience in a variety of roles such as development/architecture
• Proficiency with Spring (Batch/MVC/Boot/Cache/Cloud Stream/Data JPA)
• Experience w Micro services architectures
• Deployment in cloud based platforms such as Azure/AWS/Cloud Foundry
• Development of UI w HTML, CSS, Angular JS 4.0, React JS
• Understanding of Big Data/NoSQL platforms such as Hadoop/Apache Cassandra
• Middleware technologies such as JMS/MQ/Apache Kafka
• PaaS Abstractions via Spring Cloud Stream, Open Service Broker, etc.
• PaaS Services such as Messaging, Persistence, caching …
• Enterprise Integration, Event Driven Architecture, Reactive Programming, Batch Processing
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-88970