Bechtel Corporation Planner/Scheduler Construction Marine & Earthworks in Gloucester, United Kingdom
Job Title: Planner/Scheduler Construction Marine & Earthworks
Requisition ID: 209846
Relocation Authorised: National Single
Project: Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Station
Location: Gloucester, UK
Other Requirements: Ability to obtain required BPSS security clearance
Performs schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities for Wylfa Newydd, specifically Marine and Earthworks construction scope. Supports organizational and administrative activities. Develops and integrates individual schedules into the total Wylfa Newydd plan. Supports the establishment of milestones for the total project and schedule resource loading and levelling.
Initial assignment location is Gloucester UK. Site mobilisation is forecast in 2020/2021 for construction execution in Anglesey Island, Wales.
1. Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or area activities.
2. Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
3. Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
4. Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
5. Ascertains that the correct scope of work and the project execution plan are reflected on all schedules.
6. Integrates interdiscipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or area. Works with the performing organizations to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
7. Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
8. Develops quantity installation curves for assigned disciplines areas. Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Develops required job hour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining levelling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost loaded schedules as required. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
9. Assists cost trend engineer in reviewing home office cost and job hour information with the cost engineer and planner. Coordinates construction trends with the field project control engineer. Analyses quantity and cost information and predicts changes and trends. Assists with the review and issuance of the monthly project cost and trend reports. Coordinates quantification and estimates for trends and scope changes and provides feedback to estimating regarding cost trends and lessons learned. Interfaces with other members of the project team and provides miscellaneous cost support to Program Lead Cost Engineer as requested. Provides plans and recommendations to mitigate the impact of potential trends.
10. Analyses schedule data, and identifies and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
11. Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdiscipline requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
12. Develops and monitors short term (2-4 week) engineering and/or construction schedules.
13. Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals, and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
14. Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
15. Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule.
16. Provides analysis and reports on assigned areas to the project.
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling activities, which include schedule development, control, and analysis
Proficiency in PC operating systems and several basic software applications currently used by Bechtel (Primavera, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Suite)
Skilled in oral and written communication
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time, through specialized instruction or practical experience
B-Cert - Planner/Scheduler is preferred.
Note: Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.