Xerox Associate IV, IM Support in Guatemala, Guatemala
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
• Responsible for the database control and/or end user support of IT systems and their users. Provides support and technical services aimed at managing databases and/or systems as well database utilities. Provides desk top support for the technical infrastructure of the company. Resolves first level systems failures. Ensures close customer liaison both internally and externally with managed vendors. Provides first level technical or database problem resolution to customers/end users in a technical help desk function. Escalates complex technical/database problems to field staff and technical specialists as appropriate.
• Senior level job with extensive work experience
• Has developed expertise in a variety of work processes through job-related training
• Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems, and proposes improvements to processes
• Analyzes complex technical problems and delivers solutions where precedent may not exist
• Works autonomously within established procedures and practices
• May provide immediate direction to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals and maintaining schedules
• A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks relation to the unit or sub-unit
• Will have specialized external certification (technical roles)
• Computer Operations:
• Sets up, coordinates and monitors the operation of electronic computer equipment, such as printers, tape and disk drives
• Selects and loads input and output, observes operation of equipment, control panels, error lights, verification printouts, error messages and faulty output
• Researches error messages and may manipulate console to properly sequence job steps after a job is interrupted
• Ensures all necessary data files are accounted for and available in order to initiate each processing task
• Monitors database systems in accordance with a schedule of operations
• Identifies hardware and software malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary to resolve operating problems
• Maintains scheduled reports of operations activities including trouble reports, logs, etc.
• Maintains inventory of expendable supplies and may restock paper, printer ribbons, etc.
• Production Control:
• Determines computing resource requirements, such as computer time, memory, and priority considerations
• Schedules and monitors ad hoc and production jobs
• Ensures jobs and activities are completed accurately and on-time
• Analyzes internal user procedures, process workflow, and deadlines
• Verifies record count (input and output) for accuracy, microfiche requirements, etc.
• Evaluates processing workload and schedules jobs using job-scheduling software
• Troubleshoots processing problems and resubmits jobs as necessary and/or escalates the problem
• Ensures availability of hardware and associated equipment
• Performs various operations and library functions, such as back-up and error recovery, data/document control and report output distribution
• Maintains associated production reports and logs
• Ensures that appropriate billing records are generated for each job
• Systems Technician:
• PC user support, new hire systems setups, and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades
• Provides quick response and maximum uptime for all users and performs end user training when necessary
• Installs and repairs microcomputer hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives
• Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements
• Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal computers
• May require PC system experience in a LAN environment, strong understanding of Windows operating systems, experience with all Microsoft Office products as well as troubleshooting experience and understanding of e-mail
• Provides technical on-site maintenance and support for new and existing systems
• This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PC’s, and IP networkiing
• All other duties as assigned
Specialized courses from recognized universities with 2/3 years of academic years (Example: recognized certification, diploma etc.)
Minimum The candidate will have a experience as a lead or expert in their area with considerable on-the-job experience.
Minimum End to end understanding of relevant work processes
Minimum Aptitude for understanding and solving problems in a methodical and logical manner
Minimum Demonstrated role model behavior on teams and as a team leader
Minimum Previous experience of working in a business environment preferably in a large, complex company environment
Minimum Excellent organisation and time management skills.
Preferred Ability to coach and enable others in these skills is required
Minimum Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Minimum Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work enthusiastically within an environment of changing priorities
Minimum Mature and self confident with the ability to work under pressure.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Title: Associate IV, IM Support
Location: Guatemala-Guatemala-Guatemala City
Requisition ID: 19000068