Google Analytical Head, Retail Sector (English, German) in Hamburg, Germany
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Hamburg, Germany; Berlin, Germany
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
In this role, you'll lead a team of Analytical Consultants to drive growth for Google’s retail clients in Germany. Your advertising sales knowledge, combined with your analytical and interpersonal skills, will help your team to drive business growth. Not only will you be an authority on analytical and measurement solutions, but you are naturally curious, love to build and nurture relationships, and are viewed as a trustworthy adviser, both internally and externally.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Drive business growth for the vertical by uncovering opportunities through customer-specific analysis. Identify growth opportunities from new analyses or scaled analyses.
- Provide ongoing reporting of analytical-driven pitch performance, including tracking impact of pitches. Lead regular discussions with Industry Directors, Industry Leads, and Analytical Consultants to collect feedback on sales progress and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Identify patterns and trends across pitches and adjust approach accordingly. Share best practices across vertical/sector, including customer analysis, frameworks, and tools. Scale adoption of client successes, including customer analysis and tools/frameworks. Exhibit industry expertise by identifying market trends and providing ways to address vertical’s biggest business challenges and opportunities.
- Build and lead effective and high-performing team. Ensure Analytical Consultants have analysis and measurement skills and capabilities to be effective in the role. Guide Analytical Consultants to focus on analysis and measurement improvement and to show measurable impact. Ensure Analytical Consultants have skills and ability to understand client business objectives and can produce clear, meaningful deliverables.
- Drive operational rigor and ownership across vertical/sector priorities. Solicit feedback from Industry Leads, Industry Managers and Account Managers to ensure Analytical Consultant team is delivering for the business and continuously developing.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a similar analytical, consulting, problem-solving or strategic project management role, working with data to identify trends and to make recommendations.
- Ability to speak and write English and German fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, internally as well as externally.
- Experience in Retail industry. Experience in managing and growing a distributed, high-performing team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Search, Mobile, Display and Video.
- Experience using and/or deploying digital analytics, measurement and business intelligence solutions. Ability to standardize and scale approaches.
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic projects and initiatives.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.