Marriott Duty Manager in Hobart, Australia
Job Number 19080659
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Tasman LC, 34 Davey Street, Hobart, Southern Territory, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
The Tasman, which marks Marriott International’s debut in Tasmania, will reside in an assortment of repurposed heritage buildings and will form a prominent position in Parliament Square - a new design-led, urban development set to revitalise Hobart’s city centre.
Upon opening, this hotel will boast 152 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites with carefully restored features, including original windows, floor boards and fireplaces. The hotel’s corridors will showcase exclusive pieces from local artists, while an upscale restaurant, lobby lounge, and a destination cocktail bar will offer a variety of dining experiences that reflect the spirit of the destination.
The hotel is due to open on Q2 2020
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve departmental service.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
• Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to the Front Office staff.
• Participates in department meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.