Microsoft Corporation Service Engineer 2 in Hyderabad, India
The world of business is undergoing a significant change with the next Digital Revolution; the move to the cloud. Azure is at the forefront of this revolution with an ever-expanding array of services and offerings. As this shift happens the Customer Experience (CXP) team within Azure Engineering has been tasked to ensure that we build a vibrant technical community for Azure.
We are looking for passionate candidates with dev-ops experience on any of the public cloud platforms to help us redefine Azure forums and social media-based support. This role is ideal for someone who wants to jump in head first and learn Azure in both Breadth and Depth across its many services. Being close to both the customers and the Azure Engineering teams, you are in a unique position to identify top product and documentation issues AND be empowered to address them by writing your own documentation and code.
As a Cloud Solutions Engineer focused on our technical communities, you'll represent Microsoft and Azure as you interact directly with our dev-ops community to provide effective and useful answers to their questions. Our community engineers are also the voice of the customer and have a strong connection into the Azure development teams to identify recurring issues and feature requests and drive product improvements. If you enjoy coding and helping other developers, then we want you!
Why Azure CXP?
The Azure Customer Experience team is uniquely placed to disrupt the facets of the engineering-customer connect. A fast paced, startup like environment where the focus is on applying the engineering mindset and getting things done, the Azure CXP team is running tip of the spear programs in conjunction with Support, Marketing, Field and Sales to ensure customer adoption and satisfaction.
If you have an engineering mindset and are passionate about growing, developing and nurturing a new team and are truly customer obsessed, we want you!
• Engaging directly with Azure developers and IT professionals in Azure communities including MSDN and StackOverflow to answer technical questions and help solve customer problems
• Being the voice and advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
• Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Azure customers and developers.
• Building and updating Azure product documentation to help customers deliver solutions on Azure.
• Collaborating with Engineering and other multi-functional teams on specific user-impacting issues and bugs.
• Working with other community engineers to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support.
• Understanding how our customer use Azure services to provide valuable insights to business and development teams.
• Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions.
• Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features.
• Improving internal efficiency and customer happiness by actively finding opportunities to optimize existing or new processes and tools.
Experience and skills:
Strong passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
Demonstrable technical depth in software development and contributions to the overall ecosystem.
Proven experience working with technical communities, social media and blogging.
Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
Strong multi-tasker and self-starter with real passion for technology
Open to working shifts (12pm-8pm, Su-Th or Tu-Sa)
3+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Azure specific solutions, application development and deployment
Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
Influencer on technical communities such as MSDN, Stack Overflow, Github and Reddit
Proven history of customer-obsession, including blog posts, how-to videos, etc.
Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
Expertise with network monitoring/troubleshooting tools
Familiarity with cloud networking concepts, connectivity (geo-redundancy, CDN, VPN) and tools
Familiarity with cloud deployment and development tools (i.e. PowerShell, Visual Studio, .NET, Python)
Some programming/scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
Some experience running full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
Some Azure solutions development and deployment experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.