Continental Corporation Software Team Leader for Powertrain HEV in Iasi, Romania
Software Team Leader for Powertrain HEV
The Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) is the global supplier of choice enabling the continuous electrification of powertrain. We create the perfect combination between combustion engine and an electric motor, providing high fuel economy, improved drivability and reduced emissions and also build towards the future by designing all electric vehicles. The hybrid or electrical vehicles are becoming more and more attractive also because the advancement of new battery technology that have higher power and energy density.
As a team leader of our HEV Application software development team, you will be involved in defining the future of those new creative products that not only make driving more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also work towards our corporate vision: zero-emission mobility. To reach this you will have to be a role model for your team of embedded software engineers striving to deliver high quality software solutions for customers from automotive industry.
In Iasi, we are looking for passionate leader, willing to discover and construct the future in mobility by implementing new state of the art functionalities for different products (dc/dc, dual battery systems, and inverters) used in the hybridization and electrification of cars.
You can check the technology that we are currently working on right now by visiting goo.gl/ffKqm1.
As a Team Leader you will:
• Mentor and coach your teammates on both technical and nontechnical areas
• Track performance, motivation, give & receive feedback, discuss the roadmap and plan actions if necessary
• Ensure that employee’s competencies and capabilities of your team are at the level required by the job
• Implement working procedures to meet quality standards
• Ensure improvements in your area of expertise, in processes and procedures
• Facilitate information flow inside the team and support Project Manager in their activities
• Work closely with the management team for ensuring a successful development of the software organization
If you are an enthusiastic person willing to take responsibilities and be part of the change in mobility we invite you in.
What should you prove/be willing to develop?
• Situational leadership skills (formal or informal)
• More than 3 years of experience in software development in the relevant field
• Prior experience in a technical leadership position (as an authority or project manager)
• Good coordination skills and organizing abilities
• Knowledge of (SW) project management principles
• Self-motivated, able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Proficiency in using English language
• University degree within area with specific technical background (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics, Automation & Control)
• Overview of the embedded system's components and processes
• Expertise in C/C++ programming
• Experience in designing and developing one of the following: embedded software, firmware, OS services, drivers, communication stacks, real-time software
• Debugging and verification skills
• Knowledge of software development processes and quality techniques
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Powertrain division focuses on efficient and clean vehicle drive systems. Here, the division works to improve the performance of injection systems, turbochargers, transmission control units, sensors, actuator systems and exhaust-gas aftertreatment. At the same time, it paves the way for the electrification of vehicles with efficient systems technology and economical vehicle integration