Bechtel Corporation Camp Services Administrator Pipeline in Iquique, Chile
Requisition ID: 217198
Performs functions outlined in the Labor Relations action plan for field projects within a limited geographical region. Decides on necessary preventative and/or corrective actions to minimize labor problems that may lead to work stoppages and construction schedule delays. Works with local and regional labor union representatives to maintain cooperative labor-management relations on the assigned construction projects. Interprets and administers labor union contracts, enforces work rules, establishes staffing requirements and participates in and negotiates local and regional labor contracts.
A. Supervision Received
Receives functional and operational direction from labor relations management, including Assistant Manager and Manager of Labor Relations.
If located on a project, receives operational direction from the jobsite construction maintenance or operations manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May direct the work of Labor Relations Assistants in offices and on assigned field projects.
Continuously advises client personnel and the construction manager resident on the project of immediate and/or anticipated labor problems and workforce shortages.
Maintains frequent contact with other construction contractors and local and regional construction contractor associations to monitor contract negotiations and area labor practices that might affect project operations.
Maintains occasional contact with governmental agencies to obtain advice and guidance in their areas of expertise and to exchange information on labor data.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Analyze and manage costs of the different aspects of the comprehensive services contract, investigate and provide advice regarding the acquisition of material resources, ensure compliance with safety standards, advise your head and team of I work in the different instances of management of the contract always oriented to the optimization of the resources, as well as the reduction of the operating costs, among other responsibilities.
2. Assist and advise the management of the camp in the administrative tasks, in the technical-financial interpretation of the contract. Refundable expense Control. To revise and validate the consumption and support to the contractor's payment states, to establish synergy between joint committees and union representatives for feedback and monitoring of the services provided.
3. To manage the services of hotel, cleanliness, maintenance and feeding of the camps and canteens of the project, complying with the standards of quality, HSE and RRLL established in order to guarantee availability, productivity and savings.
4. To ensure the fulfillment of the HSE plan of the contractors, planning preventive actions
5. To ensure the performance of the contracting companies in the quality of services, costs and labor management, through the planning and control of contracts in the field, raising deviations and generating periodic meetings.
6. To lead a team of specialists from the collaborating company.
7. To meet the new services requirements of the project.
Experience in performing labor relations functions on a construction project or in an office.
Working knowledge of labor contract negotiation strategies and tactics.
Knowledge of domestic labor and employment law including employment discrimination and anti-retaliation, wage and hour, job protection, compensation and benefit, discrimination and harassment and common laws that pertain to manual construction workers.
Knowledge of labor contract grievance procedures and their practical application.
Knowledge and experience of jurisdictional work assignment practices.
Knowledge of organizational structure and work practices of labor unions.
Knowledge of Labor Relations Department organization and policies.
Experience in developing training programs for manual employees and their supervisors.
Skill in written and verbal communication.
The above is normally acquired through:
Work experience and/or
A recognized bachelor’s degree in labor relations or business related degree.
Maintain good communication with internal and external customers.
Initiative to optimize the functions of the Office.
Adaptability and flexibility in the face of new situations.
Disposition to work in site and in different locations
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Pipeline, Chile. With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.