Bechtel Corporation Security Supervisor Port in Iquique, Chile
Requisition ID: 217176
Supervises the development and implementation of security criteria and programs. Applies specialized knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing plans, programs, policies, and systems appropriate to various threat situations and local conditions. Provides supervision and guidance to assigned security personnel and contractors; monitors security activities and the performance of security services. Coordinates activities with appropriate Bechtel management and staff, public agencies, contractors and client representatives.
A. Supervision Received
Reports to and receives operational and functional guidance from senior security management, office management or project management, according to position assignment.
B. Supervision Exercised
Supervises assigned Bechtel and/or contract security personnel in the delivery of security services.
According to assignment, maintains regular communications with:
Bechtel office, project management, service departments and senior officials to ensure coordination of security programs and functional areas.
Federal, state and local agencies regarding regulatory, law enforcement, emergency procedures, and other security related matters.
Security equipment manufacturers, organizations and consultants to stay abreast of new developments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Fulfills one or more of the following major responsibilities according to position assigned:
Supervises security activities at a Bechtel project or jobsite.
Administers the Bechtel Executive Protection Program for the personal protection of designated Bechtel executives and their families.
Supervises the physical security program at a Bechtel office to protect personnel, property, and equipment.
Supervises the administration and activities of the U.S. Government security program relating to Bechtel contracts with the Department of Defense and Department of Energy.
1. Supports senior security management as required in the development and implementation of an integrated, strategic, global approach to corporate security that draws upon lessons learned and anticipates future challenges.
2. Works with senior security, business unit, project or office management to identify, develop, implement and maintain security strategies and programs. Develops physical security, emergency procedures, and personal protection plans, programs and criteria so as to respond to security conditions and incidents, and minimize risk of personal, physical or financial harm to Bechtel jobsites, permanent offices, or designated senior executives, their residences and families.
3. When supporting the executive protective services program, determines the need for and manages procurement, installation and operational instruction of security equipment required at the residence, vacation homes or offices of company executives.
4. Develops and maintains close professional relationships with peers in appropriate law enforcement, security, foreign operations agencies, corporate security groups and third-party information providers to develop timely and relevant threat information and to provide advice on travel safety, project and work-site feasibility, incident management, and evacuation of Bechtel personnel or interests.
5. Supervises the administration, operations, policy formulation and activities of a project/jobsite/office’s security program to ensure compliance with Department of Defense, Department of Energy, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and/or other governmental agency security regulations, including obtaining security clearances as required.
6. Manages and coordinates the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems to maintain, measure, and enhance the overall security function within the assigned office or business unit.
7. Formulates specifications for contract security services, assists in evaluating contractor proposals, and supervises and evaluates performance of contract requirements.
8. Conducts security awareness, education, and orientation programs for project/jobsite/office staff, as directed.
9. Supervises the accomplishment of audits or surveys of security programs and provides assistance and consulting services to Bechtel or client management in the resolution of problem areas.
10. Conducts investigations of criminal acts and potential threats against Bechtel’s interests. Coordinates investigative activities with appropriate management, formulates written reports, and presents oral briefings.
11. As required, works with assigned organizations during bidding and project development.
12. Recruits security personnel as required.
13. Supervises specialized training for assigned security staff.
14. Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned security personnel and makes recommendations on personnel and salary administration to functional management.
15. Develops budget requirements for security activities and manages the implementation of approved budgets, as required.
16. As required, represents Security department at meetings and consultations with client representatives, governmental security agencies and industry associates.
Formal and specialized training in industrial security, criminal justice, industrial relations, or associated disciplines, and experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security organization.
Current knowledge of physical security principles, procedures, and equipment applicable to protection of construction activities, offices, and senior executives in national and international environments.
Demonstrated skill in developing and managing security programs requiring the employment of recognized security measures, procedures, and techniques.
Skill in verbal and written communications with government officials, senior management, contractors, and client representatives.
Capable of obtaining security clearances as may be required for access to government classified information.
Current knowledge of business, governmental and industrial security techniques and developments to include the application of international, federal, state and local laws and regulatory measures pertinent to areas of responsibility.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Port, Chile. With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.