Army Installation Management Command CYS Functional Technology Specialist NF-04 in Kaiserslautern, Germany
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and legal US residents. Legal US residents must possess a social security number and be citizens of a NATO country, except for the host country of Germany. (Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at CYS Base.
This position is Worldwide.
PCS costs will be paid.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a CYS Functional Technology Specialist with responsibility for integrating technology into all aspects of CYS operations.
- Applies professional knowledge to oversee and support implementation of the Child and Youth Management Information System (CYMS) to include collecting, accurate accounting and reporting of fund.
- Ensures operations of CYS Technology Labs are in accordance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Works in conjunction with CYS staff to use labs as a primary component of Army Youth Sponsorship Program and to facilitate communication between children/youth and deployed parents.
- Incorporates specified baseline programming to include Boys and Girls Clubs of America (B and GCA) Project Learn, which links homework assistance with technology labs and 4-H multi- media curriculum materials.
- Serves as a member of the Installation Child and Youth Evaluation Team and assists and supports management staff in ensuring compliance with appropriate standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- All required background checks of AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained, including Child and Youth Tier 1 background investigation.
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required. Travel to on and off post locations required.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy to include annual influenza vaccinations.
Substantial college coursework or professional certificates from trade school(s) or demonstrated competence in computer science, information technology or related field. Successful completion of a 4-year college or university with coursework in computer science, information technology or a closely related field highly desirable. In addition, candidate must possess:
- Knowledge of child and youth programs, education/recreation programs for youth, or a combination of knowledge in all fields related to child/youth development or related field.
- Knowledge/demonstrated skill in working with Microsoft Windows and Windows applications; Intranet/Internet database applications; email administration, web page design/development, and server administration; setting up network printers and other peripherals.
- Ability to trouble shoot hardware, printers, LAN equipment, scanner, server, and software and swap/replace/upgrade equipment.
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and propose solutions.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf)
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- 3434; FM Orders
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3pm on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
HU-NAF-W6E6AA USAG RHEINLAND PFALZ DO NOT MAIL APO, AE US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502183800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/13/2018 to 06/26/2018
Salary: $63,676 to $68,000 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent