General Electric Lead Inventory Specialist in Leicester, United Kingdom
Role Summary:The Lead Inventory Specialist role is tasked with implementing optimal inventory management practises and tools within the Measurement & Controls Sales & Operations planning Framework; helping to improve working capital efficiency and fulfilment.
Essential Responsibilities:• Drive Materials process definition, implementation, improvement and sustainability through developed operating rhythms
• Partner with M&C sites to identify & drive inventory optimisation projects, lean methodologies & simplified material control systems, within the Sales & Operations planning (S&OP) framework
• Partner with Sourcing to drive lead-time and MOQ reduction and improve supplier performance
• Partner with Manufacturing to drive lean programs & work in progress reduction
• Lead, manage, review and drive slow moving stock initiatives
• Leverage BHGE materials toolkit such as Input / output model, remix for parameters setting and critical process assessment (CPA) to drive continuous improvement
• Drive Physical Inventory (PI) and cycle counting strategy across M&C sites globally
• Report established appropriate KPIs to measure progress and drive accountability
• Seek, share, and institutionalize best practices
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Proven years operational experience in a planning, sourcing or supply chain role
• Travel 30% of the time, required to work with plant sites globally • Prior experience utilizing planning systems and ERP • Prior experience in inventory management, production control or planning, supervision, sourcing and/or material control environment • Understands lean principles with experience and proven results • Strong process / Project Management experience • Self-starter and change agent, ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills • Ability to work effectively in all environments with proven results • Global mind-set, excellent quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Desired Characteristics:• Six Sigma training
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Additional Locations:Germany, United Kingdom;Leicester, Germany, USA;