Medidata Solutions, Inc. Technical Support Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Medidata Solutions Careers
Technical Support Specialist
Technology & Analytics
London, United Kingdom
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com at http://www.mdsol.com/ .
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees
The Technical Support (Customer Success) team consists of technical experts who interact with clients and many Internal groups on a daily basis. The team provides product support to both internal and external customers, who use or support the Medidata Platform and receives issues that the Helpdesk team could not resolve.
The Customer Success team regularly reaches out to customers to obtain any additional information needed and resolves escalated issues. When resolution cannot be reached the team properly packages the correct information and manages its triage throughout the different functional areas of Medidata (Tier III). The group also ensures the Tier III organization has the appropriate information necessary to troubleshoot and facilitates communication between the functional areas as needed.
The Technical Support (Customer Success) Specialist is a well rounded individual who has the ability to thrive in a high pressure environment while maintaining high quality and proper communication. He/She has the ability to quickly learn different applications and technologies and apply that knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
● Respond to telephone, email and fax inquiries from external and internal clients
● Monitor and ensure 100% accuracy of all assigned escalations and work requests throughout the day and consistently resolve or further escalate within the required client Service Level Agreements
● Coordinate issue resolution efforts with other departments to ensure timely and efficient resolutions are met and customer satisfaction is upheld
● Maintain proper tracking of incident resolution for reference and management reporting
● Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledge base
● Take total ownership of an issue and see it through to completion
● Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions, and communicate regular status updates to clients
● Support SaaS applications and the browsers through which they are accessed
● Distinguish between application, operating system, network, and hardware problems, with an understanding of IT systems design, analysis, and integrations.
● Ability to Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
● Review system metrics and help identify potential system degradation
● Become a Subject Matter Expert in at least 1 Product within the Medidata Platform
● Interact with other Medidata teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
● Follow knowledge base articles and perform templated tasks with 100% accuracy
What we need from you:
● Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple team and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
● Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
● Keen to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment with an ability to build a successful rapport with colleagues and customers
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Customer focus and a proven pro-active approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
● Must possess a strong desire and affinity for learning new technologies quickly
● Flexibility for very occasional out of hours working - largely from home
● Previous Helpdesk or Desk Side Support experience
● Familiarity with any Issue Tracking software (Remedy, Zendesk, Peoplesoft) a strong plus
● Experience in writing and following Technical Standard Operating Procedures
● Experience with application, system, and database monitoring methodologies, backup software, Internet technologies, and system security
● Command of English (fluent/native)
● Experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare/Clinical industry a plus
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability .