Google Strategic Cloud Engineer, Google Cloud Professional Services in Madrid, Spain
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Warsaw, Poland; Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy; Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Madrid, Spain
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Strategic Cloud Engineer, you will be the named Google Engineer working with the most strategic cloud customers. You'll ensure that the experience of building and maintaining applications on Google Cloud Platform is seamless. As such, you'll be responsible for rapid and accurate resolution of technical challenges, leading implementations, and integration of custom features. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
Together with the team, you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through architecture guidance, sharing best practices, and overseeing data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and much more.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Cloud technical challenges.
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations, adapting this information to the different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Travel as needed (up to 30%, although we also frequently use video conferencing) in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: distributed compute environments, application development, mobile development, big data analytics and/or cloud computing (including virtualization, hosted services, multi tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks).
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, as required.
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (e.g. Load Balancers, Firewalls) and web standards (e.g. REST APIs, web security mechanisms, etc).
- Hands-on experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning. Experiences in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (e.g NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow, etc).
- Hands-on experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL/NoSQL datastores, and/or distributed computing technology (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Elasticsearch/Solr, etc)
- Working knowledge of container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc), services and API models (e.g. Swagger, OpenAP, etc).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.