Pfizer Safety Surveillance Associate in Makati City, Philippines
• Identify and select routine cases for processing, determining appropriate prioritization criteria,and noting reasons for any delays.
• Assess cases to distinguish those with particular complexities and/or specific issues, and
• Review, rank, verify, process and document: event terms; case classifications (validity,
seriousness, expectedness/listedness/labeledness); special scenarios; product complaint
information; reportability with due date; and accuracy and consistency. Based on assessment of
cases, process accordingly.
• Review case criteria to determine the appropriate workflow for case processing.
• Write and edit the case narrative.
• Generate reports, ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance timelines.
• Determine and perform appropriate case follow-up, generating and requesting follow-up letters.
• Liaise with key partners, including Pfizer Country Organizations, Clinical Development,
License Partners, and other stakeholders regarding safety data collection and data reconciliation.
• Develop and maintain expertise and knowledge of: all assigned products within a therapeutic
area; applicable corporate and global regulations, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and
writing practices; data entry conventions; and search functions in the safety database.
• Consistently apply regulatory requirements and Pfizer policies.
• Experience in pharmacovigilance, in clinical care, or in clinical or scientific research is an
advantage but not a requirement.
• Demonstrated computer literacy, particularly in the use and management of relational
• Ability to achieve personal objectives while meeting departmental standards of performance.
• Ability to work under supervision in a matrix organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in spoken and written English; knowledge of additional language(s) an advantage.
• Experience and skill with medical writing an advantage.
• Ability, with supervision, to solve routine problems and to surface issues constructively.
• Ability to make basic decisions with an understanding of the consequences.
Bachelor's degree in a science-related field, pharmacy, nursing, or equivalent; healthcare
professional qualification preferred.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.