Canadian National Railway Company CPR QA in Montreal, Quebec
ABOUT INFORMATION & TECHNOLOGY AT CN** CN harnesses the power of information every minute of every day to make better decisions. Almost every aspect of our business relies on technology; this is why CN invests around $100 million every year on IT projects and infrastructure. And with close to 1,000 in-house employees, CN’s IT team is more than a first-class technology shop – they’re railroaders, dedicated to enabling our people to work better and to helping our trains run safely.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB CN has begun a critical technological transformation, bringing significant innovation to the locomotives. If you are interested by challenges involving delivery of complex systems, leading-edge technologies, over the air communications, edge computing and predictive analysis you will be at the right place at the right time. Join us if you have what it takes to be a key player in designing and deploying leading-edge technology systems.
The CPR QA will participate to the definition and execution of the OT solution testing for Capacity, Performance, and Reliability and is able to transform high-level requirements into detailed test plans.
- Participate to the CPR test case design and execution
- Creation and generation of a comprehensive quality scorecard measuring defects for delivered products and solutions. Monitoring of quality indicators to assist the test teams (from availability, reliability, supportability to robustness and easy of upgrades and rollbacks.)
- Ensuring proper root cause analysis is performed and fault slip through to bring learnings to the organization in a continuous improvement mindset
- Identify process improvements to improve velocity while enabling quality and predictability
- Identify the test cases and define test plans
- Execute mapped test cases to the requirements (RTM), and test summary and defect reports to the PM for approvals and sign-off.Review and update the RTM
- Submit deliverables KPI’s
- Participate in planning sessions with the manager
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience with QA and testing using a software engineering lifecycle processes
- Extensive experience in Capacity, Performance, Reliability testing
- Strong experience to translate complicated requirements into detailed test cases
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent English oral skills (customer is based in the United States)
- Experience in working with Agile development organizations.
- Experience with executive presentations.
- (Must) HPALM , Loadrunner or CP Performance, UFT, MSoffice, MSproject
- (Nice to have) Jira, HPSM, Confluence, JMeter , HP OMI and Sitescope
*CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email. *