QuEST Global Manufacturing Engineer (Special Process - Plating) in Oakville, Ontario
Manufacturing Engineer (Special Process - Plating)
QuEST is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to support strategic capacity improvements with strong plating and finishing experience. Is this you? Can you support the coordination of production routing changes to support process improvements? If so we would love to talk to you.
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 11,000 problem solvers from 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but rather, we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
Our team is supporting Collins - Landing Systems in Oakville, Canada. The team size is about 25. We’re looking to add to an already diverse cross-skilled team to continue to provide value services to our customer.
You will be responsible for managing program quality launches; complete Supplier and Customer sampling, control plan requirements; ensuring that all products shipped meet all Customer dimensional, material and systems specifications or documented deviations to those specifications. It is a fast paced environment where good project management and positive attitude will help us to drive change. You will be the face of QuEST to new customers. Listen to customer’s problems, and build on the experiences you have personally had, then develop innovative ways for your team to solve their problems.
We just crossed the 22-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end (with lots of support), but if you want to swim, you have much opportunity. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
• Independently design, execute and evaluate quality systems particular to assigned products, such as PFMEA, control plans, PPAP requirements, etc.
• Participate actively in PPAP (Product Part Approval Process).
• Facilitate Process Certification events, Manufacturing Process Reviews and follow up on open actions
• Work with Manufacturing engineering group to maintain PFMEA and Control Plans
• Organize and lead Gauge R&R evaluations
• Implement and maintain SPC system and report Cpk data on all KC's
• Coordinate containment, sort/rework actions for external and internal...Primary responsibilities:
• Chrome plating of aircraft components, including preparation of components, to customer specifications and development of work techniques
• Part masking will be part of the regular duties of this position
• Part fixturing, loading and unloading
• Tank/chemistry maintenance and associated tooling
• Act as a cross functional team member and support other plating applications as requested
• Participate in lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, TPM, process improvement teams)
• Communicate and co-ordinate priorities and process issues between operators and shifts
• Observe and adhere to all safety policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as required Requirements:
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent plating/processing experience
• Process chemistry background; prior plating experience would be considered an asset
• Sound working knowledge of measuring equipment such as calipers and elco-meters
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints and work with various hand tools
• Strong understanding of WHMIS
• Demonstrated ability to work as a cross-functional employee
• Candidate will be expected to wear appropriate PPE
• Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CCGP
We’re excited to talk to you if:
Five years of related Plating, Finishing and Manufacture Engineering experience
Highly motivated and dedicated individual capable of functioning in a very fast-paced environment, with the ability to champion change and lead continuous improvement in the processes and performance of their programs
Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Comfortable reporting program opportunities, plans, progress and initiatives to executive-level management, customers and suppliers
Charisma and subject matter knowledge to open doors
You can understand a customer’s problems and create new solutions to solve them. This is both a creative and innovative process as well as being able to monetize the solution.
Work well across borders and in a team oriented environment.
Want to build something that will last long after we have moved on beyond our working years.
Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment without a lot of management oversite. You are independent and forward facing.
Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
Previous landing gear knowledge
Engineering or operations experience
Proven track record dealing with customers and the sale of OEM products to airframe customers
Location: Oakville, CanadaTravel: Minimal –Compensation type: Salary Non-Exempt with a competitive package dependent on level of experienceReports to: Team LeadContact: TAT_NA@quest-global.com
Auto req ID:
Total Years of Exp: