Stantec Botanist / Restoration Ecologist in Perth, Australia
We know that what we do really matters which is why Stantec provides solutions that begin at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships.
We are seeking applications for a Botanist or Restoration/Rehabilitation specialist to join our Rehabilitation and Ecology Team.
The role will involve assisting in delivering high-quality field surveys, monitoring programs and scientific reports to our clients across a range of ecological disciplines.
Important requirements of the role will be the ability to lead field surveys, analyse and interpret ecological data and prepare accurate, clear and concise reports in a timely and cost-efficient manner. The role (casual/part time/full time) may be tailored upon appointment but capacity to undertake field work in remote and regional mine sites, within Australia is required.
What You Bring:
• Bachelor -level degree in botany, ecology, conservation biology or related discipline. Higher-level tertiary education will be viewed favourably.
• Ideally three to five years professional experience after graduate education in a capacity directly relevant to the role.
• Demonstrated familiarity with Western Australian flora, including field identification skills.
• Demonstrated experience in ecological survey/monitoring work in Western Australia, particularly in the Goldfields, Pilbara and/or Murchison regions.
• Previous environmental consulting or mining industry experience will be viewed favourably.
• Experience in remote sensing analysis and ArcGIS skills will be viewed favourably.
• High-level written and oral communication skills, as evidenced by authorship of previous reports, presentations, thesis and/or other technical documentation.
• Excellent team participation skills and attributes, including reliability, flexibility, cooperation, transparency, commitment and respect.
• Ability to travel to and undertake field work in remote areas, potentially for extended periods of time, including an ability to demonstrate fitness-for-work and pass drug and alcohol screenings as required.
• A high level of general proficiency in computer software and applications, including MS Office, is expected.
• Experience performing statistical analyses will be viewed favourably.
• Current Western Australian ‘manual’ driver’s licence.
• Current first aid and 4WD driving certification, as issued by a recognised trainer, will be viewed favourably.
Botanist / Restoration Ecologist
Tertiary qualification in Science with botanical focus
Environmental Science, Science
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Australia-Western Australia Perth