VMware HW Cert Manager in Shanghai, China
vSAN Member of Technical Staff HW Certification Manager– Shanghai, China
VMware is the world leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions. We empower our 400,000 customers by simplifying, automating, and transforming the way they build, deliver, and consume IT. We are a passionate and innovative group of people, comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers spread across the world.
Shanghai office is located in the Yangpu District, near Fudan University, the beautiful central business district – KIC Plaza (ChuangzhitianDi). We’ve recruited the smartest and most talented engineers from around China and you can share your passion and career life with top engineers in China.
VMware vSAN™ is the industry leader in hyper-converged software-defined storage for virtual environments. vSAN is the software-defined storage solution for the software-defined datacenter. vSAN’s hypervisor-converged architecture enables storage and compute to run in the same physical host with minimal overhead; management is made simple through seamless integration with the vSphere Web Client and the entire VMware stack. vSAN is the first policy-driven storage product designed for vSphere environments that simplifies and streamlines storage provisioning and management. Using VM-level storage policies, vSAN automatically and dynamically matches requirements with underlying storage resources. With vSAN, many manual storage tasks are automated - delivering a more efficient and cost-effective operational model.
VMware is seeking a highly motivated Member of Technical Staff for vSAN Certification organization in Shanghai with a strong technical background, experience in hardware and software test methodologies, and test automation. The engineer will be responsible for conducting full vSAN hardware certifications. In this role, the engineer will also work closely with internal and external team members to innovate and come up with 'best practices' for the vSAN Certifications organization.
• Learn cutting edge features and storage technologies enabled with VMware products and vSAN.
• Work with relevant parties such as Product Management, Program Management, Development, Storage Architects, Support and Partner teams to determine new features and enhancements, test qualifications, test strategy, test execution, etc.
• Configure and Setup entire test environment for vSAN Certifications; help with reproduction of defects, work with partners to drive resolution of automation/certification issues, verification of fixes.
• Drive vSAN Hardware Certifications and process improvements.
• Work closely with development teams and storage architects to resolve defects in a timely manner with a proper release vehicle.
• Develop and enhance certification tests using Python.
• Help refine test strategy/methodology to ensure comprehensive but efficient test coverage.
• Manage activities to meet the delivery dates, partner expectations, report accurate, complete status.
• Maintain current hands-on knowledge of the VMware product line, specifically Cloud related solutions such as: vSphere, vCenter, vSAN
• 3+ years of hands on experience as a quality engineer in testing Software Defined Storage solutions or Storage Device Drivers/Firmware.
• Strong understanding of storage protocols and storage systems around Enterprise Servers, Storage IO Controllers, NVMe SSD Devices.
• Experience with storage device driver and firmware debugging, troubleshooting, flashing.
• Experience in performance benchmark testing and analysis is a plus.
• Must have strong experience developing, troubleshooting, and debugging test automation.
• Must have good hands-on experience with Python.
• BS/MS in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
• Linux/Unix systems administration with strong understanding of software defined storage and distributed systems is preferred
• Strong knowledge of VMware virtualization products is a plus
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be a strong team player with the ability to work with external teams
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills
• Self-motivated, be able to work independently and fast learner
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.