Colliers Director, Landlord Tenancy Management & Leasing in Singapore, Singapore
As the Director, you are responsible to the Department Head for the business result of the teams in fostering environments and creating optimal solutions to grow the existing and new clients.
_General Summary of Responsibilities_
· Fully responsible for the accounts of assigned clients and tenancy management.
· Undertake continued development of the teams
· Source business for the company / department generally by client contact, networking with other departments (locally and regionally) and corporate entities as well as general promotion of Colliers services.
· Undertake training and development of the people within the teams and promote an on-going career path for them within the department.
· Provide leadership, managerial direction and personal encouragement to all employees within the teams, including guidance and enforcement of all property management procedures and policies of the division.
· Monitor the efficacy of complaints management within the teams.
· Liaise with existing clients on tenancy management & leasing performance, including the use of tenant and client surveys.
*Specific Job Requirements*
· Maintain close and regular liaison with occupiers and owners under the teams to ensure satisfaction with all aspects of Tenancy Management & Leasing.
· Maintain system of tenancy schedules and diary of pertinent action dates.
· Ensure that existing clients are provided with regular management reports.
· Ensure the preparation of cash flow budget covering both income and expenditure for clients.
· Ensure effective and timely monitoring of the team’s performance.
· Ensure arrangement of suitable property and other insurance cover for clients, including coverage from contractors and tenants.
· Ensure rent review and other service contract negotiations on behalf of clients are performed within desirable time parameters.
· Ensure receipt of all Statutory Assessment on behalf of clients and submitting objections as and when appropriate.
· Ensure control, co-ordination, and supervision of all tenants under management.
· Ensure attendance at sites and meetings where appropriate and report to clients on progress.
· Provide on-going recommendation to existing clients on how their property investment return may be improved.
· Collection of all rentals, management fees and other tenants’ payments. This service includes issuance of demand notes, reminders, warning letters and any other follow-up action as may be necessary. All charges for stationary, printing, postages, fees, etc. will be charges separately.
· Continually review Management Agreements with clients for suitable terms and fees.
· Prepare payment of all expenses in relation to tenancy management.
· Submit monthly financial statement in relation to the tenancy management account.
· Prepare Tenancy Management Budget for each Financial Year.
· Conduct lease audits where necessary for potential and existing clients. This includes but does not limit to drawing up lease registers, checking documentation, making benchmark reports, re-negotiating leases, if necessary.
· Ensure that clients and the division head are kept informed of any building defects that may compromise safety of tenants or may give rise to a claim or damage.
· Ensure that the teams achieve their budgeted net profit target through efficient and effective use of financial, human and other resources.
· Supervise team / individual performance in the areas of revenue budget, product quality, training and continued professional development.
· Any other duties assigned by the Department Head.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate or related field.
At least 10 years experiences in the direct management of real estate projects of varying sizes, complexities and across multiple markets (retail, residential, commercial, industrial etc).
Strong people management skills with a passion on the team-work approach.
Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, seeks to develop strong client relationships.
Excellent customer service and analytical skills are necessary as is an attention to detail personality.
Exhibit a strong desire to achieve results and exceed expectations and be able to develop and maintain good industry networking relationships to contribute towards the business development of the group.
Must have demonstrated ability to manage complexity and must be organizationally/politically astute.
Must be able to demonstrate an ability to build relationships and motivate teams of people, manage and grow staff.
Strong written and spoken communication skills.