General Electric Field Service Engineer in Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Field Service Engineer supervises, coordinates, executes Consolidated Valves(Safety & Safety Relief Valves) aftermarket service jobs primarily in the UK&Ireland for aftermarket services and overseas for safety valve commissioning work. FSE is responsible for achieving the targeted work schedules in the maintenance, commissioning &repair activities, ensuring quality, cost control and customer satisfaction. Although UK based, there may be requirements for overseas working in Europe & Russia.
Supervision and execution of service jobs achieving scheduled completion targets and ensuring required quality levels, representing the company at customer site progress and EHS meetings
• Provide direction and assistance to the service team in order to meet assigned objectives, coordinating activities for field service technicians, as well as third party resources.
• Analyse Control Valves and Safety Relief Valves service job requirements (both at site and in house), schedule and supervise all phases of the service/repair activities
• Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of F&PT products
• Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
• Provide Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems, failures, trends, and climate
• Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of assigned programs
• Prepare detailed technical report of issues, carried out activities, final handover. Reporting includes obtaining, interpreting, and communicating significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and support. Prepare/Issue site pricing reports to be submitted to the service manager.
• Assist customer in scheduling maintenance and workload
• Assure that equipment and parts meet established schedules
• Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyse any undesirable trends
• Make recommendations on findings
• Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs
• Keep up to date with all aspects of Control Valves and Safety Relief Valves and the Flow & Process Technologies profile
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures
Time served engineer with a recognised apprenticeship. Educated to minimum of HNC level in Mechanical Engineering
• Hands-on engineer with extensive experience in industrial instrumentation and maintenance
• Able to carry out or supervise the dismantling and reassembly of all types of valves and relevant accessories
• Ability to coordinate resources and tools, and third parties.
• Willingness and ability to travel around 80% all over the assigned territory, flexibility to work in emergency in extra-time and during non-working days
• Knowledge of software tools such as word processors, spreadsheet, databases, presentation tools
• Good reporting skills
• Full UK/EU driving licence
• EU Passport
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these
circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
• Experience with a control valve and/or safety valve Manufacturer
• In-depth knowledge of control and safety valves and their elements and mechanical parts across the oil & gas, refining, energy and process industries
• Knowledge of valves testing tools & equipment, and utilization of test workbenches
• Proven experience on control and safety valves (mechanical, instrumentation and process applications) or relevant site related experience
• Experience within the power generation and/or petrochemical industry
• HSE Training Certificates, Safety Passport
• BOSIET Basic Offshore Safety Induction Training Certification
• IOSHH Safety qualification
Locations: United Kingdom; Skelmersdale