Marriott Commis Chef in Sydney, Australia
Job Number 19000FF4
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park is about to embark on an exciting repositioning following the completion of a $50m renovation of all 558 guestrooms, Sheraton Club, Grand Ballroom and event space. An opportunity presents itself for an Demi Chef to join to our team.
Recently winning Australasia Leading Hotel award at the World Travel Awards, the right candidate will share our passion for delivering an unrivalled level of service and continue being the leading luxury hotel in Sydney.
• Work closely with the kitchen brigade following instructions and directions
• Assist Senior Chefs in the day to day Kitchen operations
• Prepare mise-en-place for your designated work station
• Follow standard recipes and plate presentations in order to maintain quality standards of production and presentation
• Display an interest in all kitchen activities and help colleagues whenever possible
• Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned
• Keep all working areas clean and tidy
• Hold relevant cookery qualification and previous experience in a similar role
• Have an understanding of the fundamentals of cooking and food safety requirements
• Able to work efficiently and professionally
• Energized in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work a rotating roster with full availability including shifts ranging from early morning to late evenings
LET THE BENEFITS BEGIN
• Discounted accommodation and food and beverage at Marriott International worldwide
• Rewards and recognition program
• Training and development opportunities
• Discounted parking
• Uniform provided
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.