Google Analyst, Games, Google Play in Tokyo, Japan
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. As a part of the Business Intelligence Team, you'll be using data to inform business and product decisions across the company. When a feature on one of our products -- from Google+ to Search to YouTube -- gets tweaked, you’ll work with finance and engineering teams to measure the impact of that change. Using your technical skills and business acumen, you’ll build tools to automate reporting and dashboard updates so clients can see quickly and accurately how projects are performing. You’ll be involved from project inception to report design through to data delivery, ensuring that your reports are delivering high-quality and relevant data so that our business can grow intelligently.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for your devices, powered by the cloud. It’s a Google approach to entertainment, syncing magically across your devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping the product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team helps strengthen the overall Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Partner with the APAC Games Lead to identify and run key initiatives, models, and insight programs.
- Build key models incorporating internal and external factors to optimize market-level results.
- Support campaign, launch and decision model requests for deep user and spend analytics.
- Deliver effective executive communications with well developed narratives.
- Help shape strategic and operational decisions through data and dashboards, development of business cases, insights, and recommendations. Help define how APAC Games Merchandising measures and tracks its objectives and performance.
- 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with analyzing data and distilling insights.
- Experience in navigating complex global stakeholder groups to resolve operational challenges and drive strategic initiatives.
- Experience identifying opportunities for business improvement and defining/measuring the success of those initiatives.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience working as a Business Analyst and as a Data Analytics lead.
- Ability to navigate and influence organizations in a complex business environment.
- Excellent database query (e.g. Dremel and SQL languages) and visualization skills, with the ability to package findings in a compelling narrative.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills, with the ability to grow relationships.
- Ability to speak and write in English and one or more of the following languages; Japanese, Chinese and/or Korean, fluently and idiomatically.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.