Robert Half International Project Accountant in Toronto, Ontario
A thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort is working with Robert Half Finance to find ambitious, detail-oriented Project Accountant candidates. This great opportunity is in the Toronto, Ontario area, and is a full-time position. As the Project Accountant, your primary focus will be to assist with large portfolio of projects as well as provide support to the project principals. The key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following
- Administer project financials by creating system files
- Supports and work closely with assigned project principals to prepare billings, earnings data, adhoc reports, and respond to client requests regarding billings, fees, payment status, billing requirements and collections.
- Conduct project accounting activities such as approving and processing sub-consultant and project related vendor expenses
- Coordinate and facilitate Project Principal meetings to advise on the financial health of projects and follow up to ensure all actions items identified are completed.
- Provide any required documentation such as WSIB/WCB certificates, EFT registration form, CRA tax forms and any other regulatory documentation require for the project to proceed.
- Update and maintain data in Vision to support accounting processes such as WIP, contract terms, collections, in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Prepare and sending monthly billing reports to Principals
- Prepare monthly revenue and HST/GST tax reconciliation
- Responsible for preparing the Financial Reporting Package issued to the management committee for the board of directors
- Support the Assistant Controller with the preparation of annual audit schedules and working papers for the auditors as required.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations as required.
The experience and qualifications for this role are:
- 5 or more years of experience working in a project or general accounting role
- Bachelor?s degree
- CPA designation is preferred
- Strong knowledge in accounting cycle
- Experienced and comfortable working with several accounting applications (familiarity with Deltek Vision would be highly desirable)
- Strong analysis and problem-solving ability to meet client and company needs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with the employees and service providers
- Must be well organized with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment, while possessing strong time management skills.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Oleg Chausovsky at [email protected] referencing Payroll and Benefits Specialist in the subject line of your response. We thank all applicants in advance but only those moving forward will be contacted.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888-490-5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 per year
Location: Toronto, ON
Date Posted: February 13, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 05090-0010728774
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting & Finance