MasterCard Vice President - Strategic Initiatives in Vancouver, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President - Strategic Initiatives
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
As the Vice President Strategic Initiatives, you will be responsible for development of organization’s short and long-range strategic plans, identifying and developing organizational strengths as well as identifying and mitigating organizational weaknesses. This includes formulating, implementing and evaluating business plans, prioritizing key items for the executive vice president, and being deeply involved in the creation of executive presentations / aids for inter- and intra-departmental collaboration.
• Act as a confidante and advisor to the executive vice president, collaborating on key business initiatives
• Play a leading role in developing, formulating and communicating corporate strategies and objectives
• Create and deliver executive presentations that require critical decision making from senior leadership and have significant change management implications
• Work with the senior leadership team to identify, structure and prioritize key issues; define problem statements and develop overall solutions
• Observe market trends and evolutions, monitor the organization's performance against targets, and evaluate potential issues in order to implement action plans
• Drive growth agenda and profitability plans through socialization of issues and potential solutions
• Set the organizational vision for driving process standardization and best practices through organization-wide change management initiatives and establish performance metrics
• Represent Mastercard at key external events, contributing to expert panels and sharing best practices
• Design, enforce and report on compliance and audit controls for business, finance and other administrative functions
• Develop creative, new methodologies for design, implementation, and measurement of success
• Manage a team, conduct goal setting and performance appraisal processes, coach and develop employees as an organizational resources
All About You
• Experience in determining and communicating key business opportunities and strategic projects
• Experience in a consulting capacity with creation and delivery of executive presentations
• Experience driving business process improvements that establish a data-based business opportunities
• Experience integrating multiple business factors to develop transformational strategies that promote business growth and superior solutions
• Track record formulating, implementing and enhancing corporate strategic initiatives and business plans
• Success evaluating complex strategic initiatives, facilitating, influencing and contributing to design and advancement
• Success drawing insights from a broad range of industries and/or markets and reflecting them in solutions and strategies
• Experiencing leading a team and developing talented future leaders
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team, like summer kayaking, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-87327