ASML Industrialization Engineer Mechatronics - HMI MBI in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Do you like to be the linking pin between high-tech product development and a global factory & field organization supporting the major semiconductor manufacturers? Do you have what it takes to industrialize innovative complex designs in a way that they can be manufactured and serviced in a short timeframe and with a high success rate? Than this could be the next challenge in your career!
The Applications Business Line of ASML is one of the fastest growing Business Units within ASML, providing performance and yield enhancing solutions to our customers. It is characterized by a startup mentality with close customer intimacy and resulting exposure to ASML’s dynamic global business environment. With your colleagues within this department you cover all competencies needed for our metrology equipment and for the complete applications business line. This results in a broad job scope covering multiple technical competencies. The programs and projects are relatively small and have short development cycles resulting in quick feedback loops on industrialization performance.
You represent the customer support and factory manufacturing sector in the product and process development. In this role you secure the product meets the required assembly cycle time and field availability. You ensure the product and process design is as such that your colleagues at our factory and at our customers sites are able to optimally manufacture and service our complex equipment.
The job of industrialization engineer consists of the following:
- Translation of product specifications to requirements in product design and manufacturing and service processes such as factory cycle time and product availability.
- During the co-design phase you ensure the product is designed as such that it can be assembled in our factory and maintained at our customers within required timeframe and with high success rate.
- You do the preparation for the factory and service processes including all required assembly, test and service procedures, training documentation, definition of out of control action plans, diagnostics, Statistical Process Control parameters, tooling and spare parts.
- New product introduction by validating manufacturing and service procedures during prototype build, training our factory and service personnel and supporting them during pilot build and early customer introduction phase. If needed travel to solve complex problems on site within their expertise (international travel max 10%).
- Analysis of the performance in our factory and service organization and define improvements to meet initial product specification.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electronics
2-5 years of experience in:
- a production and/or service environment with high tech products and complex production processes.
- complex mechatronical systems.
- Flexible and have a practical focus
- Strong technical background, interested in product and process
- Strong social and communication skills
- Stakeholder manager
- Get-on and do it mentality
- Team player
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement, need of the customer.
- Very active, plenty of initiative
- Willingness for foreign travel (max 10%)
- Adequate English language skills, verbally and in writing
Context of the position
The hardware Industrialization group is, within the Applications business unit part of Development and Engineering. The task of Development and Engineering is to develop and deliver ASML solutions to measure, stabilize, control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors.
Industrialization within the HW Development and Engineering departement is providing the competence to drive the operational requirements Reliability, Availability, Cycle Time, Cost and Supplier Quality into the early design phases of the Business Lines’ products.
The holder of this position reports to the Group Leader AD DE HW Industrialization.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. Please contact Christophe de Metsenaere (Hiring Manager) or Stephan Sonnemans (Recruiter) for more information.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 4/30/2018
Functional area: Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Background: Mechanics, Mechatronics