Google Policy Specialist, Trust and Safety (English, Mandarin) in Singapore
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
In this role, you will be working cross-functionally and globally. As part of this team, you will focus on the user, using your technical, legal, business, and policy expertise to improve Google's policies and user experience. You will also contribute to advising Google on core principles, while managing complex projects.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
- Serve as a member of the policy team responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing scalable Adwords advertising and content policies. Develop innovative processes and best practices for implementing policies across operation centers in multiple geographies.
- Manage and resolve escalations from internal and external parties (including sales, legal, PR) as appropriate. Identify escalation patterns and trends and provide feedback on systems/tools process in order to increase automation while providing a better user experience.
- Drive awareness and understanding of content and advertising policies across the company. Communicate effectively with English and Mandarin speaking clients.
- Identify gaps or issues in existing policy frameworks proactively, develop scalable solutions, and work to win consensus across the organization.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Trust & Safety (T&S;) teams, and Engineering to influence product decisions and prioritization. Improve user experience for policy-related issues.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin Chinese fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience using data and technology to solve complex business problems, coupled with the ability to exercise judgment even in difficult and ambiguous situations.
- Broad policy experience with a robust knowledge of the technology sector and the key policy issues affecting the internet, like intellectual property, free expression and online safety.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the online space in Greater China (including mainland China, Hong Kong, etc).
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate complex issues into simple, clear language.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities. Effective leadership, organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent written, editorial and presentation skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.