Google Network Engineer, Enterprise Networking in Zürich, Switzerland
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Network Engineer focused on software, you'll work on the Corporate and Enterprise infrastructure team to deliver Google's next generation network and Corporate Datacenters. You'll build software for distributed services, abstractions and the components of the system that operates and powers Google. Network Engineers solve challenging problems relating to scale, security and availability as Google continues to push the boundaries for innovative new technologies.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Engage in and improve the lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Design and build reusable designs and systems that promote scale, reliability, security and efficiency.
- Support the Corp Network, the software and systems that manage the network, and function as technical, engineering and operational subject matter expert.
- Work with partner teams to build/re-use open source or common Google systems wherever possible to accelerate development and delivery of the platform.
- Participate in on call schedule with other members of the team providing third-tier support, and solving complex issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, Python, Java, or Go.
- Experience with network architecture, management, troubleshooting and operation of enterprise networks.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience building large software systems.
- Experience with wireless local area networks (WLAN).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.